Photobucket

 

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Run, Baby, Run!

Life is good.
Today, my favorite girl in the whole wide world DID something she didn't think she could do. She did something *I* wasn't sure she could do. And in doing so, I'm hoping she jammed a foot into that "I can't" door to create a path to all those things in life that she WILL do.

My heart overflowed as I looked down to our shadow by the lake, running hand in hand. Soon, she won't want me there. But right then, right there, she saw me as her head cheerleader and I couldn't be happier.
Girlie has been training for her 5K for the past 2 months, 2 days a week after school. Part of a great program called Girls on the Run (if your school doesn't have one yet, start one!). The car temp said it was 39 degrees as we drove to the park, and I'm confident it wasn't kidding....



She finished with gusto, I got a big hug, and pride was oozing from my pores as she gushed, "I really did it Mommy! I really did it! Will you run with me next year?"
Life is very, very good.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Fantastic!! The girl and the run, of course. But also, the whole program and the fact that she so wanted you there. *sniff, sniff*. Fantastic. All of it.

10/28/07, 6:14 PM>  
Blogger Victoria said...

High fives!! That's wonderful! I got chills reading this - well written and well done. You're raising an amazing girl, there.

Wonderful.

PS - I have something for you over on my recent Blog entry. =)

10/29/07, 11:21 AM>  
Blogger huddtoo said...

Oh, YAY to Miss E! Great job and Congrats on finishing the race!! WHOO HOO for you!

I agree, what a great post, and a great thing for her!

10/29/07, 3:14 PM>  
Blogger amers said...

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i'm so excited all the way around. i know this program and all good things! now to get one "running" no pun intended around here!

10/29/07, 7:21 PM>  
Blogger Heidi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/30/07, 3:19 PM>  
Blogger Heidi said...

This is incredible! Miss E, I'm so proud of you! Maybe someday I'll get back into shape and be able to run with you two. Sounds like it was a sweet day. The pictures are great too, Dawn, they illustrate the moment well. See you tomorrow!

10/30/07, 3:25 PM>  

Post a Comment

<< Home