Photobucket

 

Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Car

I was running errands Friday (by MYSELF!), driving happily through a neighborhood close to mine, and I came to a 4-way stop. There was another car at that 4-way stop- to the right of me (clearly stopped before me). I waited a while, but she didn't go. I got frustrated for a moment, then slowly decided to go anyway.

As I passed closer to her car, I noticed she was crying- wiping tears from her eyes. She looked very distraught.

Of course she didn't go. Of course she didn't care. Of course it didn't matter.

Passing by her haunted me the rest of the day. What had happened? Did she just lose someone? something? I could have stopped. I could have asked her if she needed something. I didn't.

Imagine how much better off we'd be if more people stopped, since we may not get a 'next time' to 'do better.'

Just a thought.

3 Comments:

Blogger amers said...

i think you're absolutely right. what it is about human nature that we don't stop and ask. you sure got me thinking today...

11/4/07, 7:41 PM>  
Blogger Victoria said...

Sigh. Imagine if we weren't all so guarded and rushed and independent. Imagine if we all were allowed to be Human and interact.

11/5/07, 4:07 PM>  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, goodness. Wow. I know I wouldn't have stopped, either, but...imagine. Imagine if we just...stopped sometimes.

What a haunting post, D.

11/6/07, 7:43 PM>  

Post a Comment

<< Home