Photobucket

 

Monday, December 10, 2007

Phases...

My nine-going-on-nineteen year-old had the distinct pleasure of overhearing a somewhat heated discussion between Husband and me regarding (my) spending habits last week. It was a (blush)needed talk, and (a day or too later) I agreed with the points that were made. :)

Back to the Girl... We were running errands on Saturday, walking through a store that she likes. She spotted some must-have shirts that "all her friends are wearing." I reminded her of the discussion, saying that we wouldn't be buying any clothes that day unless she was funding the purchase.

Her comeback: "So- is this just a phase that Daddy's going through? Or will he always be this way?"

I thought it best not to laugh outwardly about the subject... or her question... or my answer. Some chuckles are better left 'unchuckled'!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hilarious! Daddys and their "phases". *grin*

Did she fund the purchase? Or was it not quite a "must-have" after all? LOL.

12/10/07, 7:57 PM>  
Blogger huddtoo said...

Nine going on Nineteen, ey? So, that's what I have to look forward to with my seven going on seventeen girl??

LOL at her comeback though!

You are GOOD though!! I'd not be able to 'unchuckle' at all. Then I get from S "It's NOT funny, mom". Um..oops. hehehe

12/12/07, 11:45 AM>  
Blogger Hawaiianatheart said...

I'm loving that comeback!!! ROFLOL

12/13/07, 8:24 AM>  
Blogger Victoria said...

Yeah - kudos on holding the chuckle. I never seem able to. =)

That's hilarious!

12/13/07, 9:06 AM>  

Post a Comment

<< Home