Photobucket

 

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

S(He)'s growing up

Back when the Girl was a little girl, Mr. Man said, "Daddy doesn't DO ponies"- referring to the fine art of coiffing the girl's hair into neat bundles of rubber-banded bliss. I applied no pressure- thinking that it was one area where I could claim 'specialty.'

It didn't last.

One day I picked up the Girl from school, and lo and behold- there were mighty fine ponies.

"Did your teacher do them for you?"

"No, Mommy. DADDY did them!"

I was astonished, and quite proud of him. I think he wanted to keep his little-known talent to myself... (oops).

Well, yesterday, Mr. Man topped himself.

The Girl is now a BIG 5th grader- in a new school with only Big 5th & 6th graders. Big stuff. New stuff.

She had a bad cold over the weekend, and her nose was evidence- big, red and puffy.

Mr. Man still does mornings like he did when they were little, and apparently, he added a new skill to his repertoire...

The Girl says "Yah Mom- my nose looked awful this morning, but Dad fixed it."

"How exactly did he fix it?"

"He went in your drawer and put that cream colored stuff on it, then patted it on. It covered up ALL the redness- no one could tell I had a cold at all!"

"Reeeeaaallly?"

******

So- he has also be come a make-up artist (her first application, I believe, short of Halloween). I confirmed the story with him last night.

"You know how to do concealer?"

"It's not that hard."

Good to know.

S(He)'s growing up.

4 Comments:

Blogger huddtoo said...

LOL

That's too funny!!

Hey, he's creative, right. :)

My hubby can do better ponies than I can, honest!

10/8/08, 7:22 AM>  
Blogger Hawaiianatheart said...

WOW! S(he) is growing up! You are raising t(him) well! LOL Mine would rather die I think than try either of those! Hence why I must come home at un-godly hours from MIL's so as I can get the 2 girlies ready for school in the mornings!

10/8/08, 11:31 AM>  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Go Daddy Go! I love it. ;)

10/9/08, 8:00 AM>  
Blogger amers said...

wow...how far s(he)'s come!
kudos all around!

10/10/08, 8:50 PM>  

Post a Comment

<< Home