Photobucket

 

Monday, February 11, 2008

Romance is not dead- just wounded

Short Version-
  • Thought 1: "Must remember to buy gift while at Target"
  • Thought 2: "Must remember to remove gift from Target bag prior to going inside the house"
  • Score at the end of the day: 1 out of 2.

Long Version-
  • Found desired Jack Johnson CD at Target for Hubby's 'big exciting gift'
  • Ran a bunch of errands after Target trip (forgetting goals of the day by the time I was done)
  • Arrived home & Hubby dutifully helped unload & unbag while I cleaned out the car
  • Came into the house to find said 'big exciting gift' on counter next to deodorant and new $8.99 shirt for me that I didn't need but couldn't pass up... damn Target.
  • Winced at the discovery that 'big exciting gift' was found. The gig was up.
  • Trudged into the laundry room to unceremoniously hand over 'big exiciting gift' and inform Hubby that he had discovered *his* very fancy Valentine's gift.
  • "Oh- I thought you bought it for yourself"
  • "Nope."

See- after 17 years, romance is not dead, just really really sore...

5 Comments:

Blogger huddtoo said...

Well, you GOT your hubby something! Gotta give ya credit there! I may get him a card, but he won't get much in the area of gifts! Poor guy! ;)

But, for some unknown reason, I felt compelled to buy the kids a bunch of stuff this year, where normally I don't go overboard for Valentine's day.

2/12/08, 1:44 PM>  
Blogger Hawaiianatheart said...

Hey, at least you got yours something! Hubby and I said we weren't doing anything this year since we're closing on the new house next week. However last night he *strongly* hinted at something. This is something he does NOT do. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't go ahead and get him a little something after all. I know that the Romance isn't *dead*... just broke! ; )

2/12/08, 4:07 PM>  
Blogger Jennifer said...

LOL! I love it. And I'll join in the "At least you got something for him" chorus. Just yesterday I finally thought I should at least get B a card. So I did. A Napoleon Dynamite card. Oh, the romance is hot! ;)

2/12/08, 9:36 PM>  
Blogger huddtoo said...

Jennifer...LOL. "But my lips hurt real bad!". hehehe

2/13/08, 7:42 AM>  
Blogger amers said...

you are all too much! kudos to you for getting gifts. at least he knows he's thought of!

happy vday!

2/14/08, 9:05 AM>  

Post a Comment

<< Home